Monday, January 7

first post


Day (1/365):
Classes start at Parsons school of design two weeks from today and the chances of me making their have all but evaporated. In the last two weeks of december I received acceptance letters from both Parsons school of design and the School of visual art. Great schools for what I want to do and very expensive but worth I think. Under better circumstances, maybe in another time, these acceptance letters would have been fantastic things but they were like that last insults of a terrible year in my life. It was like someone was saying "yup, you could be something but you won't" and my whole life has been like that. I was one of those kids that everyone always said was really smart and could do anything and people copied of me on tests on blah blah blah. None of that matters because my life has been littered with bad luck, missed oppurtunities and failure.

Thought:
 Being smart doesn't mean anything if you don't know how to help yourself.

Reading: Triage System Helps Colleges Treat Mentally Ill Students

Mood: quiet desperation

Listening to: npr morning edition

Qoutables: "the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau



media head words musing misc mood song qoute

No comments:

Post a Comment